“I help teens and professionals embrace the value of their own life experiences and show them that they have enough skills and inner awesome to begin building a reputable and respectful personal brand using social media.”
In today’s world reputation is our greatest asset. This is just as true for the individual as it is for your business. It gives you a point of difference. Social Media moves fast and is constantly changing – Marianne has committed to continued learning and professional development and trains with world-leading experts in all aspects of Social Media creating her own niche in the industry.
Marianne has trained with world leading experts in all aspects of Social Media creating her own niche in the industry. She is passionate about creating social change around the way we engage online, to make it safer and create a nurturing environment for the future. In a world where almost everything we do can be observed, it’s important to understand how this can affect our online reputation.
MORE ABOUT MARIANNE
Futurists predict that by 2020, freelancers will make up half of the labour force and technology is already changing the way companies recruit, engage and retain their workers. Students today are well connected and savvy with technology but with fewer traditional jobs available they must be creative in how they market themselves or face missing out.
Marianne has a thorough understanding of the Australian Curriculum and her training addresses the framework. Further, she is well-suited to understand your child’s needs as she has one child who just completed Y12 in Catholic education and one in Y8 public education.
Our reputation is our greatest asset and Marianne’s training complements and addresses the current gaps in the Australian curriculum and will be adjusted to support the new 2016 “Work Studies” elective. It also supports educators in giving school leavers the best opportunities to showcase their talents, skills, attributes and accomplishments using specific industry tools to build a respectful social presence that will open doors and contribute to achieving their long-term goals. She will show them how to connect with leaders in their chosen industry and how to cultivate those relationships. Marianne is deeply committed to empowering school leavers to set themselves up positively and make the right impression for their new life beyond the classroom through the respectful use of social media and by coaching them on how to connect and communicate with their target audience using the right tools and the right strategy, along with an understanding of employer/recruiter expectations.
Marianne believes in empowering our youth to use social media in a positive way rather than condemning them for little mistakes. Unless they have done something terribly unsavoury, they can be shown how to put a positive spin on the negatives to uplift their reputation.
Marianne is deeply committed to helping students establish a reputable social presence and to fine tune their social voice by optimising their strengths, creating visibility so they can be ready for professional opportunities beyond the classroom. She helps students to address the gap between their perceptions of what is the correct use of social media and how they wish to be perceived for the future.
- Extensive international experience across many industries in executive management, administration and marketing, internal corporate communications, brand identity, recruitment and protocol visits for international leaders and executives
- Extensive background in hospitality and conference management
- Government Liaison Officer for Filipino Australian Multicultural Association of WA Inc.
- Two children in school system both private and public.
- Marianne is also an entertainer having been involved with musical theatre both on stage as a performer and behind stage. She has been actively involved in the WA music scene along with her musician husband for 23 years as a singer and has also managed his music career and he one of the very few entertainers who has solid work without requiring the services of a talent agent.
- Daughter is a young Australian actor/model and Marianne has worked closely with and developed positive relationships with agents, casting directors, acting/modeling coaches in Australia over the past 7 years and currently building relationships with international agencies.
- Program Partner of the Australian Government’s cybersafety initiative Stay Smart Online
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT ON 17 FEB 2016 TO HEAR MORE FROM HELEN DEVEREAUX
Back to Work – Back to Business – Back to YOU (BALDIVIS)Mary Davies Library – 17 Settlers Avenue Baldiviso41111601909:45 AM
- Personal Wellbeing: Create your life vision (Goal setting Purpose, mindfulness), Confidence , Physical Well-being, Balancing the transition back to work
- Personal Skills Development: Budgeting, Financial Independence, Time Management, Social Media for Professionals
- Job Ready: Writing Resumes, Clothing for Work, Personal Branding, Interview Techniques
- Career & Business Development: Business start-up, Networking, Speaking Confidently, Leadership Skills