Proper planning, business skills and sufficient finance are required to turn your dreams into reality.
In the words of the world’s most successful investor Warren Buffett, ‘Delight your Customer’, don’t just satisfy them.
Buffett explained how creating memorable experiences’ with customers, surpasses the value of the product purchased.
However, if every new business started with these 3 words as a keystone to their business, the people sharing their memorable experiences will become your greatest advocates and referrals.
We interviewed Fiona Fitzgerald, of Business South West who is speaking on Business Startup in Bunbury on 30th June.
Q: Fiona share your expertise – describe what you offer to people attending on the day and why you are good at what you do?
A: Business South West is a not for profit organisation that provides business advisory services for business intenders and existing businesses throughout the South West. During my tenor we have recruited 5 advisors in the region with offices in Manjimup, Busselton and Bunbury.
Our team are all experienced in business, with the majority of us currently owning our own business. We are all tertiary qualified in Business so understand not only the theoretical application of business principles, but have experience first hand in applying these principals to our own business.
I get very excited over strategy and utilising hard data and statistics to measure aspects of business and analyse how this data impacts business decisions.
Q: How will you be able to help women – what skills will they learn from you?
A: Women in business have huge potential to be very successful. It’s always wonderful to have a female mentor behind you to help navigate you through the business world.
Q: What are your 5 Top Tips and what led you to share them?
A: Three years of helping 500 different clients at startup and building phases of their business, highlight my 5 tips to be the most beneficial. I see first hand where business clients struggle, where things went wrong, but mostly what has worked beautifully.
Top 5 Tips:
- Know exactly what you plan to do? Do your research. Look globally then bring it back to your business idea.
- Plan! Prepare a business plan. Keep it simple, keep it flexible and keep it in sight.
- Compliance – get the basics right so you can focus on what you do best. Don’t be consumed by non-productive activity.
- Learn about finances, to the point that you fall in love with it.
- Never be afraid to ask for help! This includes business help and networking help!!
Q: Fiona what inspires you and why do you want to be involved in this event?
A: My biggest inspiration was a boss of mine from many years ago telling me that whatever I did, the key to success was to always have the freedom to be yourself. In the pursuit of success we tend to try and be something we may not be and it doesn’t work.
There’s nothing stopping you, except a little hard work and motivation.
- An interview with Fiona Fitzgerald (Prepared by Alexia Brbich)
- Business South West: www.businesssouthwest.com.au
- Speaker at our project: Re-energising Women to Re-enter the Workforce
- Presentation Topic: Business Start-up
- Event: 30 June 2016 @ Bunbury CCI, 15 Stirling Street, Bunbury, Western Australia
Back to Work – Back to Business – Back to YOU (BALDIVIS)Mary Davies Library – 17 Settlers Avenue Baldiviso41111601909:45 AM